To survey / inspect components, materials and assemblies supplied to or produced by STATS for compliance with drawings, purchase orders, codes and standards.
Inspection of manufactured parts.
To coordinate and maintain inspection records and certification for STATS equipment and tools.
To ensure STATS quality systems are promoted and utilised at all times.
To ensure that the high quality of STATS products is maintained.
Maintain equipment calibration & Certification.Internal Relationships
- Directly Reports to: Manufacturing Engineer
- Indirectly Reports to: QHSE Director
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards and non-conforming products are immediately reported, and relevant paper work is completed.
- To ensure STATS quality systems are promoted and utilised at all times.
- To ensure that the high quality of STATS products is maintained.
- Report all non-conformances and drive quality improvements.
- Participate in audits when required.
- To ensure that non-conforming products are expedited through the decision-making process and closed out.
- Mechanical trade with good all-round understanding of Machining, Welding, Materials, NDT and Certification.
- Competent level of understanding in:
- ISO 9001 Quality management
- Engineering drawings
- Engineering terminologies
- Fabrication and assembly
- NDT Techniques
- Machining processes
- Material standards and certification
- Knowledge of composite materials an advantage
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings / specifications etc.
- The use of assembly and test equipment and test tools in a safe manner.
- Ability to use inspection equipment, measurement arm, shadowgraph, thread gauges, micrometres etc.
- Full understanding of various methods of fabrication and testing.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Ability to work as part of a small focused team working to high standards with client lead times being the delivery driver.
- Flexibility and shift working on occasions required.
- A positive attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Environment and Health & Safety.