Mechanical Pipe Connectors
STATS Type Approved mechanical pipe connectors provide a cold-work solution, removing the associated risks of welding. Quick and efficient to install, this permanent solution significantly reduces maintenance duration and provides a cost-effective solution for piping repair, tie-in or capping of redundant pipework.
Once installed the integrity of the Connector can be verified with a simple pressure test. An integrated seal verification port provides access to the annulus void between the seals allowing a leak-test to be carried out.
A double block and bleed valve can be fitted to the seal verification port to provide a means of periodically monitoring the integrity of the connection, as part of a routine maintenance or inspection programme. Mechanical connectors have been fitted to a variety of piping systems with a 100% leak-free service history.
- Flanged outlet for connecting plain-end pipe to a pre-flanged termination
- Coupling for connecting plain-end pipe to plain-end pipe
- End Cap for capping plain-end redundant pipe work
Connectors are suitable for topside, terminal, FPSO or subsea installation and compatible with processed water, air systems and hydrocarbon applications. Available to suit a wide range of pipe materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex and super duplex.
DNV GL Type Approval
Connectors conform to ISO 21329 Standard and are DNV GL Type Approved, compliant with DNV-OS-F101:2012 Submarine Pipeline Repair and DNV-RP-F113:2007, Pipeline Subsea Repair. (Cert No: TAP00000BE).
The Connector assembly and components are designed in accordance with API 6H requirements, with design strength verified in accordance with ASME B31.3 and other codes (ASME B31.4, B31.8, ASME VIII, etc.). Designed to fit standard pipe specification (ASME B36.10 & B36.19, API 5L, etc.) and fire tested to API 6 FA.
Weldless Pipe Connection | Mechanical Connector
Maximising Shutdown Efficiency to Minimise Risk and Downtime
This webinar will discuss the safety benefits of Type Approved mechanical pipe connectors as a cold-work solution, removing the associated risks of welding to enhance shutdown maintenance.Watch Now
- No hot-work required, significantly reducing associated risk and costs
- Quick to install resulting in timely completion of maintenance activities
- Easily installed and commissioned with only basic pipework preparation
- Significantly reduces maintenance costs and duration by eliminating the need for welding, associated equipment and personnel
- External grip assembly applies even linear and circumferential load around the host pipe, eliminating localised material deformity and localised stress fractures
- External lock and seal assembly eliminates flow restriction or turbulence
- Removable and reusable with no damage to existing pipework
Mechanical Connector Key Features
- Simple standard bolted installation, no specialist tools required
- Maintenance free mechanical pipe connection in accordance with API Specification 6H and certified fire-safe to API 6FA
- Seal verification port can be fitted with a DBB valve to comply with specific operator inspection requirements
- Robust construction provides equivalent or greater design criteria than host pipework
- Coating provided to client specification
- Fabricated design provides a lightweight unit for topside applications
Mechanical Connector Specification
- Sizes 2” to 36” as standard, sizes out with this range available on request
- Maximum working pressure: up to ASME 300# (50 bar / 725 psi) as standard, up to ASME 1500# (256 bar / 3713 psi) available on request.
- Temperature range: -40°C to 300°C as standard
- Dual graphite seal arrangement with verification port to enable pre-commission leak-test
- Minimum design life 20 years