Kintore, Aberdeenshire, UK
22 Sept 2021
To evaluate customer enquiries and work scope requirements, propose appropriate Process Plant Solutions (PPS) product(s) and/or solutions and ensure successful execution of the work scope whilst promoting the PPS product and services range.
- PPS Department
Directly Reports To
- Operations Supervisor
To work alongside PPS Operations Supervisor to provide the complete PPS service from initial customer contact to the completion of the job.
Responsible for all aspects of job control from quotation to successful job completion. This will include assessing job requirements, submitting quotations and contract variations where applicable, and ensuring timely delivery of job and client satisfaction.
Prepare quotations and job specific work procedures tailored to the works scope requirements and/or proposed solutions, plan and successfully execute job orders to meet client requirements and expectations.
To ensure all customer enquiries are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner.
To ensure that the internal processes and quality standards are adhered to at all times.
Continually work to retain and extend the PPS customer base.
Continually work to increase the PPS product market share.
To ensure any customer grievances are dealt with in a prompt and competent manner.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with STATS Integrated Management System when carrying out project engineering tasks
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported to the QHSE team
Internal Training Requirements
- Bribery & Corruption
- COSHH Awareness
- Environmental Awareness
- Near Miss Reporting
- Internal GDPR
- STATS Tools – Basic Level
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
Relevant engineering or operational background.
Mechanical background with a basic understanding of assembly and pressure testing techniques.
Oil and Gas topside, process or pipeline experience.
Project engineering experience.
Technical writing skills.
Client liaison skills.
Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Knowledge of Microsoft AX system would be an advantage.
- A positive attitude.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team or as an individual.
- Appreciation and understanding of environment and health & safety responsibilities.
- Oil and gas service industry experience.
- Standard Grades, Higher Grades or equivalent.
- HND / HNC in an engineering discipline.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.