UK / UAE
23 Apr 2021
- To work as part of a design team in seeing conceptual designs developed from ideas through drawing, justification to codes and standards, manufacturing, testing and support of field technicians.
- Design Draughtsperson, Trainee Design Engineers, Design Engineers, Engineering office Coordinator / Administrator
Directly Reports To
- Senior Design Engineer – Team Lead
- Assigned Draughtsperson and Graduate Engineers
- Clients, Suppliers
- Taking technical direction and guidance from the Team Leader, Lead Design Engineers & Project Technical Leads
- Working under the guidance of the SE/Team Leader and Lead Design Engineers, assuming technical disciplinary responsibility for design related tasks and activities
- Provide support for Draughtspersons, Trainee Draughtsperson & Graduate Engineers
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of drafting work undertaken
- Ownership and responsibility for drawing completeness and demonstration of fitness for purpose of all drafting tasks undertaken
- On time delivery and execution
- Checking of drawings produced within the department and making sure drafting and company standards are met.
- Responsible for managing and delivering company and departmental objectives
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans and review with SE/Team Leader
- Present technical proposals & designs at concept and detailed design reviews relating to but not limited to drafting.
- Familiarisation and efficient use of design tools (AutoCAD, Inventor, MathCad etc.)
- Provide design support to other STATS functions as required
- Provide design support and guidance for the manufacturing, assembly & test
- Carry out site surveys – onshore & offshore
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure high quality drawing and related documentation are produced within the department
- Ensure compliance with design practices / templates / guidelines / standards and approved processes throughout STATS
- Ensure compliance with company safety procedures and proactively report at least two observations to improve safety in each calendar year
- Promote and uphold the highest standards of ethics in compliance with Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics Policy.
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses/hazards are immediately reported and relevant paper work is completed.
Internal Training Requirements:
- Environmental Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling
- STATS Internal Courses – Basic Level
- Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered status with IMechE or similar would be an advantage
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Competence in AutoCAD, Inventor
- Competence in Ansys or other FEA packages
- Competence in MathCAD
- Experience in a design engineering environment
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas related product design, pipework’s, installation and operation, and rotating equipment – hot tap machines, gearbox design etc is a must. As well as hot tap and line stop experience an asset.
- IT skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX system would be an advantage
- Relevant tool and equipment design in either subsea equipment and mechanical systems would be advantageous; or downhole tooling with experience in plugs, locks, packers and deployment mechanisms.
- Awareness and appreciation of market trends and emerging technologies relevant to STATS services, project or product developments
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, team player, but be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload / manage workload
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Forthcoming with ideas to improve our services
- Having the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Established and strong interpersonal skills
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.