Houston, Texas, USA
13 Apr 2021
STATS Graduate Engineers / Engineer in Training (EIT) Program
The STATS Graduate Engineer will build upon their high academic achievements and gain the experience, skills and knowledge off all key business functions, whilst developing a solid understanding of STATS product lines.
This developmental role will see the individual gain experience of working primarily with Design Engineering and Projects in support of delivering and growing our local business, whilst also spending some time working with our Sales, Operations and Business Support teams to develop an all-round understanding of the business which will help guide them towards being future leaders of our business.
Directly Reports To
- Engineering Manager
- Coordinate all technical documentation required for the project including engineering drawings, test procedures, operational procedures and risk assessments.
- Attend client meetings and HAZOP’s as required.
- Ensure drawings and associated documents are produced in a timely manner from Engineering to meet project delivery schedule.
- Participate in design/operational reviews associated with project deliverables.
- Arranging Project Kick-Off meetings upon award of contract.
- Responsible for creating and managing project plan, budget, and contract milestones.
- Assist with field surveys as required.
- Assist with preparation of detailed quotations for project related enquiries including the compilation of all relevant engineering, manufacturing, and assembly/testing costs.
- Coordination of all technical documentation which may be required for the bid submission such as drawings and operational procedures.
- Ensure Purchase Requisitions are raised for all manufacturing and assembly components which are required for the project.
- Ensure Manufacturing Request Forms are issued for all components associated with the project.
- Ensure Manufacturing Record Books, when required, are compiled.
- Ensure drawings are issued to manufacturing department in a timely manner to suit Project Schedule.
- Write all necessary ‘in house’ testing procedures relative to each project undertaken.
- Ensure Assembly and Test Request Forms are raised and Assembly/Test Work pack is issued to workshop.
- Coordinate visits by client or 3rd party test inspection to witness testing activities.
- Write Operational Procedures for service scope(s).
- Compile mobilisation list and advise Operations on deployment requirement for field personnel and equipment.
- Assist with field deployment as required.
- Coordinate Revenue Reports upon completion of project.
- Master’s in mechanical engineering
- Working towards PE Classification preferred
- Self-motivated and reliable
- A keen eye for detail
- High degree of interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, comfortable working within small teams, internal and external key stakeholders
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and relevant paperwork is complete.
- To comply with STATS integrated Management System when carrying out project engineering tasks.
Internal Training Requirements:
- Environmental Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling
- STATS Internal Courses – Basic Level
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.