Abu Dhabi, UAE
5 May 2021
- The Logistics Coordinator / Document Controller will be responsible for the coordination and supervision of all administrative activities within the logistics office.
Directly Reports To
- Operations Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Shipping Agents
- Coordinating with forwarders and suppliers to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments.
- Preparing shipping documents. Handles all import and export shipments.
- Tracking both imports and exports with all supporting documents.
- Ensuring that the quality of all services provided meets the required standards.
- Developing processes that make the supply chain more efficient and organized.
- Communicate with suppliers and customers while arranging collection & delivering.
- Apply for FANAR Approval, Apply for Chamber attestation etc.
- Arrange and coordinate both Temporary and Permanent shipments. (Local, GCC & International)
- Negotiates for best shipping prices between forwarders.
- The Logistics Coordinator is responsible to coordinate and supervise all administrative activities in the logistics office daily.
- Inbound document checking and validation. Manage and Organise Air and Sea Freight Import activities and status.
- Monitor, communicate and manage supplier pre-alerts & documentation.
- File paperwork accordingly for QMS and audit purposes.
- To ensure that relevant customers are kept informed.
- Extract and issue specific reports related to the Logistics Activities.
- Updating and maintaining document management systems and physical records. (physical and digital records)
- Manage the flow of documentation within the organisation.
- Checking and editing documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Generate, Log and file all Project Document Control.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and relevant paper work is completed.
Internal Training Requirements:
- Manual Handling.
- COSHH Awareness.
- Near Miss Training.
- Environmental Awareness.
- Good educational background
- Relevant industry and logistics experience
- Dangerous goods air and sea experience
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Experience within Logistical support environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to operational challenges.
- Sound knowledge of road, marine and aviation legislative regulations and guidelines as well as Dangerous Goods.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional and effective solution to STATS clients and customers.
- Ability to meet and exceed client expectations.
- At all times to represent the company in a professional and effective manner.
- A positive attitude and pleasant manner.
- Ability to be flexible in working practices (hours, activities etc).
- Appreciation and understanding of environmental, health and safety responsibilities.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.