Houston, Texas, USA
15 Apr 2021
To plan and supervise all workshop & manufacturing activities to meet equipment delivery schedules in accordance with all HSE, operational and QA/QC procedures.
To ensure the workshops are controlled in a cost effective and safe manner whilst ensuring equipment is maintained, assembled and delivered to the highest standards.
To ensure the smooth and efficient running of all workshop activities and to provide a quality service
Directly Reports To
- President & General Manager
- Workshop Supervisor, Remote Systems Supervisor, Manufacturing & Fabrication Manager, Stores, QC
- Clients / Suppliers / STATS Regional Requirements
- To work with and interact with a range of other disciplines including Operations, Engineering and Project management.
- Responsible for providing workshop services to internal customers (Operations, Projects and Engineering).
- Ensure all equipment is completed in conformance with operational load out lists or production plans.
- Ensure that all equipment (internal and external) movements are recorded correctly to ensure job and stock control is always correct.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of the day to day activities of the workshop ensuring all procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsible for appraising all subordinate staff and in doing so identifying all training and development needs to maintain an effective well trained and motivated workshop team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all personnel working in the workshop are adequately supervised and given all necessary guidance and support.
- Close liaison with Operations Support team for all workshop activities and other relevant activities.
- Active participation in the implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions that relate to NCR’s raised against the workshop.
- Ensure all workshop staff is briefed prior to starting an operation and de briefed if any operational problems are incurred.
- Ensure that all workshop tasks are risk assessed and mitigations are in place prior to commencing.
- Ensure all workshop activities are conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Review all post job operational/maintenance procedures are completed and implement any suitable recommendations.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the workshop and yard areas.
- Provide assistance and advice when required to QA / QC Department.
- Responsible for ensuring all QA records / documentation is correct and that all items are certified as required.
- Provide technical support to all workshop staff to resolve any problems and ensure smooth operations at all times.
To regularly report on workshop performance, planning, objectives and KPI’s
- Communicate and implement safety and operational improvements and initiatives.
- Budget and resource management
- Plan and coordinate internal resources to complete the build, testing and deployment of STATS projects
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To plan and schedule manufacturing and workshop activities to meet operational, project and engineering delivery schedules.
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures always.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and relevant paperwork is filled out.
- To demonstrate the ability to manage change and implement new initiatives.
- Ensure company and regional objectives are delivered, measured, and reported.
Internal Training Requirements:
- Environmental Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling
- STATS Internal Courses – Basic Level
- Mechanical knowledge of equipment maintenance and pressure testing techniques.
- Good educational background
- Supervisory / Management – Six Sigma
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Experience in a similar or equivalent management role.
- Experience in personnel development and training.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use inspection and lifting equipment.
- Understanding of Environment, Health and Safety.
- Ensuring a high standard of maintenance is always achieved especially during periods of high activity.
- Planning and organizing the workshop to meet varying project and operational requirements.
- Maintaining a high standard of safety, quality and housekeeping at all times.
- Change management experience.
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills.
- Possess excellent management skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional and effective solution to STATS clients and customers.
- Ability to meet and exceed client expectations.
- The ability to work under pressure whilst achieving maximum productivity, safety and cost effectiveness.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.