Kintore, UK or Doha, Qatar
04 Dec 2020
- Responsible for preparing and managing all quotes and individual costs budgets for bespoke technical projects for the STATS Qatar business unit to ensure all inputs are collated, costs are suitably captured and all submissions approved or re-approved as per company procedures.
- Ensuring all activities are always in compliance with the approved commercial processes.
- Commercial Director, Operations Director and GM Qatar.
Directly Reports To
- Proposals and Bids Lead.
- Clients, Projects Teams and BD Team.
- Conduct business in compliance with company procedures and actively promote this to others.
- Be the main commercial focal point to receive and process lead information from the Business Development focal point(s) for Qatar and log and track opportunities and
provide and manage quotations and budgets as required.
- Prepare and validate cost budgets (working with UK and Qatar based Technical teams in sourcing actual costs with source reference and building up required component listing for complex technical projects) Ensure margin is maximised to STATs commercial standard and full group Director sign off an approval of quotes and budget before release.
- Organise and implement quote kick off meetings for all prospective quotes in good time once a requirement identified ensuring all relevant STATS parties are invited and
allocate out tasks for resource and equipment specifications and estimates.
- Ensure all terms and conditions are reviewed and qualified by the STATS commercial Contracts Specialists prior to proceeding with any scope or bid. Ensure all
requirements are included in the offer prior to issue.
- Preparation of tender documents and pre-qualification information as required by the client instructions and per the internal review requirements.
- Confirm all commercial notes are exactly as per STATS standard and escalate deviations for review.
- Prepare and track actions on outstanding quotes, opportunities to be quoted.
- Ensuring revenue tracking reports are up to date at all times.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting data as required to demonstrate departmental activities.
- Communicate regularly with General Manager – Qatar, Proposals Lead, Commercial Director and other Team members as required to ensure good level of awareness of workload and ongoing activities. Report weekly on workload in writing.
- Ensure risk reviews are scheduled with all reference documents provided, and required attendees invited for all applicable budgetary or firm quotes as per procedure.
Record/ issue actions and verify completion.
- Conduct all activities in full compliance with STATS commercial procedures, DOA and any other applicable company processes. Promote full compliance to STATS staff
and actively intervene and highlight/escalate any process deviations to the Proposals/Bids Lead/Commercial Director for resolution.
- Work closely with Technical Project/Design and Manufacturing team to ensure scope of work documents and specs are reviewed and confirmed along with quote
technical data. No quotes to be issued without all required sign offs.
- Support Project Teams through Execution on commercial queries and variation orders.
- Prepare cashflow profiles for milestones and cancellations.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- Promote and uphold the highest standards of ethics in compliance with Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics Policy.
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses/hazards are immediately reported and relevant paper work is completed.
Internal Training Requirements:
- Training modules as required.
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of budgeting, tender and quotation processes reviewing client requirements, signoffs and approvals, preparing cost base and drafting
- Typically 2-4 years’ experience in oil and gas and/or engineering/manufacturing in similar role.
- Excellent Microsoft excel and Microsoft word skills.
- Highly numerate with good commercial acumen.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in a team or on own initiative.
- Process driven and very well organised.
- Excellent communication and Time Management skills.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.