Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
30 Nov 2021
- To survey/inspect components, materials and assemblies supplied to or produced by STATS for compliance with drawings, purchase orders, codes and standards.
- Identify and report NCR’s and participate in the closure and resolution of these.
- To survey, disassemble, evaluate and support assembly of various STATS tools, fabrications and equipment.
Directly Reports To
- Operations Manager
- Carry out the project specific quality control and assurance activities as detailed in the Quality System and as directed and instructed by the Operations Manager.
- Perform dimensional Inspections of machined and fabricated parts using various measurement techniques ensuring compliance with engineering drawings.
- Ensure review, witness and monitor activities are conducted as per the approved Inspection Test Plans.
- Be familiar with the requisition requirements and equipment/material specifications.
- Participate (as necessary) in management visits/audits to Suppliers and Sub-contractors.
- Report promptly to the Operations Manager all matters related to Project Quality Management System performance.
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with company, client and regulatory requirements.
- Provide input and support on the subcontractor/supplier evaluation processes and monitor subcontractor / supplier performance.
- Maintain Inspection and measurement equipment ensuring current calibration.
- Control and co-ordinate Goods in/out area and processes. Ensuring full traceability of items and raw material.
- Ensure all relevant drawing's, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing.
- Assist with ASSET maintenance, storage and preparation for workscopes.
- To report any environmental and health & safety issues that arise.
- Work in a safe manner at all times to protect all colleagues, clients and equipment.
- Assist with the disassembly, rebuild and new build of STATS tooling ensure traceability and quality standards are maintained and meet.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and relevant paper work is completed.
Experience & Qualifications
Demonstrated inspection, measurement, testing and verification experience required
Mechanical trade with good all-round understanding of oilfield equipment assembly, machining, welding and pressure testing techniques
Understanding of document and material control protocols
Competent level of understanding in :
Fabrication, assembly and pressure testing equipment
Experience with shipping and receiving
Methodical and detailed
Ability to use inspection equipment
Ability to work on own initiative
Knowledge of pipeline and vessel codes, including ASME B31.x, CSA Z662, ASME
Ability to work as part of a small focused team working to high standards with client lead times being the delivery driver
Flexibility and shift working on occasions required
A positive attitude
Good interpersonal skills
Internal Training Requirements
- Environmental Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling
- STATS Internal Courses – Basic and Intermediate Level
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.