14 Dec 2021
This role will involve the assembly, testing and maintenance of the control systems used to actuate, control and monitor STATS range of pipeline isolation tooling. The role will also include the assembly, test and maintenance of all related ancillary equipment used for the operation of the control systems.
The main equipment you shall be responsible for includes the following:
- STATS Remote Tecno Plugs
- STATS Tethered Tecno Plugs
- Through Pipewall Communications Systems
- Subsea Communications Systems
- Tecno Plug Tracking Systems
- Mobilisation Kits
On occasion, there will also be the responsibility to support other product lines with assembly and testing activities as required.
Directly Reports To
- Remote Systems Supervisor
Indirectly Reports To
- Product Line Manager - Isolations
- Clients / Suppliers
- Assembly and test of STATS range of control systems.
- Assembly and test of STATS range of pipeline isolation equipment.
- Assembly and test of various ancillary items.
- Preparation of systems for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and field deployment.
- Interface with client representatives during assembly and testing as required.
- Configuration, testing and maintenance of through pipewall communications systems.
- Travel internationally to client facilities on an occasional basis.
- Fault finding and repair of hydraulic systems.
- Stock Control.
- General workshop duties.
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Time served Hydraulic or Mechanical technician (Modern Apprenticeship or other).
- NC in related subject(s).
- Mechanical / Hydraulic experience (Miniature Hydraulics).
- Hydraulic and Gas Pressure Testing.
- Fluid flushing and sample analysis to applicable cleanliness standards including NAS, ISO and SAE.
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to read & understand hydraulic schematics.
- Small Bore Pipe bending and fitting.
- Familiarity with high pressure hydraulic fittings such as NPT, Compression Fittings, JIC, BSP.
- Familiarity with various hydraulic components.
- Light mechanical assembly experience.
- General hand fitting skills.
- IT Literate.
- HNC in related subject(s).
- Working knowledge of low voltage DC electrical/electronic systems.
- Ability to read & understand simple wiring schematics.
- Oil and Gas Industry experience.
- Forklift License.
- Gantry Crane training.
- Valid offshore medical and survival certificates.
- Ability to work as part of a small focused team.
- Flexibility and shift working on occasions required.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Resourceful / problem solving attitude.
- Understanding of, and a proactive approach to, Environment and Health & Safety.
- Good client interfacing abilities.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with STATS and client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Positive and proactive attitude to quality and safety at all times.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.