Houston, Texas, USA
19 July 2021
- The Workshop / Asset Manager will be the key contact between the Operations or General Manager and the workshop personnel. The Workshop / Asset Manager will plan and monitor man-hours with the Operations or General Manager to ensure client / contract and project delivery objectives are met. They will lead the workshop services of inspection, disassembly, repair, rebuild and testing of all equipment at the STATS workshop to ensure that all equipment is maintained in optimum condition, prepared for site work in a timely manner and turned around after each scope within a maximum of 30 days. This position will also ensure that all tools are operated in a safe manner, ensuring that a quality product and service is always provided to the customer. A key part of this role will be to ensure that a comprehensive asset list is in place and regularly updated to ensure that any concerns or overlaps are identified and managed promptly and effectively for all current or likely forthcoming scopes.
Directly Reports To
- Operations Manager
- Workshop Technicians
- Ensure that all STATS tools and equipment are being maintained to a high standard and ready for use when required, with minimum downtime
- Ensure that a comprehensive Asset Tracker is maintained, with the status and schedule of equipment clearly visible to all who need to see it
- To oversee the inspection, disassembly, repair, evaluation, assembly and testing of tools & equipment to the high standards expected by STATS & STATS clients.
- To oversee and ensure the safe movement of all material / equipment within the workshop area.
- Key contact point between management / project delivery team and the workshop personnel.
- Plan, schedule and monitor man hours with the Operations Manager and Operations Co-Ordinator to ensure internal or external client and project objectives are met.
- Manage manpower within relevant working area.
- To liaise with management on Job, Client, Equipment and/or Personnel issues
- Attend and contribute to operation meetings.
- Work to and maintain a high standard of quality to the STATS products and services.
- Work in a safe manner and in accordance with recognized / best practice procedures at all times to ensure the health and wellbeing of all colleagues, visitors and clients on site.
- To ensure that all defective material, components or equipment are reported in accordance with STATS management systems.
- Ensure all relevant procedures and instructions to the latest revisions are in place prior to work commencing and followed throughout all workshop activities.
- Aid in the identification and introduction of new assembly and testing techniques to improve productivity or safety and improve the reliability of STATS equipment.
- Ensure the training and competence records are being maintained for all current and new hires in the workshop.
- To report immediately any environmental or health & safety issues that arise.
- To work within STATS standards and company procedures at all times.
- Aid in the creation of risk assessments as and when required.
- Help in the introduction of new safety equipment.
- To ensure optimum material and stock levels are maintained in the stores.
- To maintain sufficient material & stock levels in the store.
- To maintain material certification and traceability for all material used.
- To ensure that all inspection or testing equipment are in good order with current calibration prior to use.
- To assist the Project team in the selection of tools and equipment.
- To support other departments as and when required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Mechanical trade with good all-round understanding of oilfield equipment assembly and pressure testing techniques.
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings / specifications etc.
- The use of assembly and test equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to use inspection equipment.
- Previous supervisory / man management skills.
- Full understanding of various methods of assembly and testing.
- Skill in planning methods of assembly and testing.
- Ability to use and guide others to use lifting equipment effectively.
- Comprehensive understanding of Environment and Health & Safety rules and regulations.
- Competent level of understanding in:
- Engineering drawings
- Engineering terminologies
- Assembly and pressure testing equipment and requirements
- Ability to work as part of a small focused team working to high standards with client lead times being the delivery driver.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and relevant paperwork is complete.
Internal Training Requirements:
- Environmental Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Manual Handling
- STATS Internal Courses – Basic Level
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.