Houston, Texas, USA
20 Apr 2021
- The Workshop / Field Technician will survey, disassemble, repair, evaluate, assemble, and test various STATS tools / services and equipment at onshore / offshore and customer / STATS locations. This position will also operate various tools in a safe manner while ensuring that a quality product and service is always provided to the customer. While offshore / at client’s locations, the Workshop / Field Technician will act as the main point of contact for all clients.
Directly Reports To
- Operations Manager.
- To survey, disassemble, repair, evaluate, support, assemble and test various STATS tools / services and equipment at onshore, offshore, customer and STATS locations to standards / procedures set out by STATS & STATS’s customers / clients
- To travel to onshore / offshore sites both in the USA and Overseas in the support of STATS operational requirements
- At all times to represent the company in a professional and effective manner
- Work to and maintain a high standard of quality to the STATS products and services
- Work in a safe manner at all times to protect all colleagues, clients and equipment
- To ensure that all defect to material, components or equipment is reported to your Supervisor
- Ensure all relevant drawing's, procedures and instructions are to the latest revisions, prior to work commencing
- Pro-active in the proposal and introduction of new assembly and testing techniques to improve productivity or safety
- To liaise with the Workshop Team Leader on any issues arising
- To report any environmental and health & safety issues that arise
- To work within STATS standards and company procedures at all times
- Involved in Environmental, Health & Safety issues
- Any other duties required by the Workshop Team Leader
- Aid in the creation of risk assessments
- Liaison with the relevant Project Manager on any material, customer / project issues
- Help in the Proposal and introduction of new safety equipment
- To maintain material certification and traceability for all material used
- To ensure that all gauge / inspection equipment is correct and current prior to use
- To support other departments when required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Mechanical trade with good all-round understanding of oilfield equipment assembly and pressure testing techniques
- Ideally with a multidiscipline approach in mechanical, fabrication or equipment maintenance
- Ability to work as part of a small, focused team working to high standards with client lead times being the delivery driver
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional and effective solution to STATS clients and customers
- To have a flexible approach of working times, as offshore and site working both in the USA and International will be on an ad hoc basis with varying trip durations
- Ability to read & understand engineering drawings / specifications etc.
- The use of assembly and test equipment and test tools in a safe manner
- Ability to use inspection and test equipment
- Full understanding of various methods of assembly and testing
- Ability to use lifting equipment effectively
- Ability to meet and exceed customer / client expectations
- Understanding of Environment and Health & Safety
- Competent level of understanding in:
Assembly and pressure testing equipment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A positive attitude
- Good Interpersonal skills
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities:
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents / incidents / near misses / hazards are immediately reported and relevant paper work is completed.
Internal Training Requirements:
STATS Internal Courses – Basic and Intermediate Level
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.