The BISEP® when deployed subsea provides the highest level of hot tap installed pipeline isolation in the industry. Complying with all relevant subsea isolation guidelines, the BISEP ensures safe worksite conditions for divers from breaking containment to reinstatement.
The BISEP is the only hot tap installed double block isolation tool that satisfies the design criteria for DNV GL Type Approval for Pipeline Isolation Plugs. The design criteria satisfies the requirements for Pipeline Isolation Plugs to provide dual seal and isolation in accordance with Offshore Standards: DNVGL-OS-F101 (Submarine Pipeline Systems) and recommended Practices: DNVGL-RP-F113 (Subsea Pipeline Repair) and is code compliant with: ASME BPVC Section VIII, Division 2.
The use of the BISEP provides a high integrity, temporary subsea isolation that offers operators significant benefits by avoiding the need to decommission and then recommission the entire subsea infrastructure.
DNV GL Type Approval
The BISEP is fully certified by DNV GL to verify the design criteria satisfies the requirements for Pipeline Isolation Plugs to provide dual seal and isolation in accordance with Offshore Standards: DNVGL-OS-F101 (Submarine Pipeline Systems) and recommended Practices: DNVGL-RP-F113 (Subsea Pipeline Repair) and code compliant with: ASME BPVC Section VIII, Division 2.
Main Subsea Applications
- Sectional replacement / pipeline repair
- Pipeline tie-in operations
- Pipeline re-routing
- Dead leg removal
- Pipeline abandonment and decommissioning
- Isolation of subsea manifolds or skids for repair or replacement
Subsea Pipeline Isolation and Repair of Anchor Damage on 28” Gas Export Line
8" Subsea Pipeline Isolation And Repair
BISEP Key Features for Subsea Activities
- Double block and bleed isolation compliant with subsea industry isolation best practice. (DNVGL-RP-F113 Pipeline Subsea Repair – recommended practice)
- Monitored dual seal annulus void proves seal integrity before and during intervention work
- Isolation integrity continuously monitored through annulus void, hydraulic set circuit and body vents
- Seal annulus void provides a Zero-Energy Zone (minimal volume x pressure)
- In bad weather, enhanced actuation system allows long-term disconnection from support vessel
- Isolation remains stable and leak-tight even with significantly fluctuating pipeline pressures
- The BISEP design ensures diver safety in the event of negative and positive pipeline differential pressures
- Ability to accommodate reinstatement pressure test against the rear of the plugging head