Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
13 Jul 2020
- To prepare equipment and conduct site activities related to the safe and efficient completion of client pipeline tie-ins and isolation scopes using STATS procedures and equipment.
Interna & External Relationships
- Directly Reports to: Operations Manager
- Indirectly Reports to: Project Manager & HT/Iso Supervisor
- External Relationships: Other STATS Technicians and support staff, client, 3rd party contractors
- Hot tapping operations using a full range of machines, 1” to 42”, including use of hot tap valves (mechanical and hydraulic) and related accessories (hydraulic power unit).
- BISEP plugging tool installation, seal testing, monitoring, retraction and trouble shooting; including use of control equipment/console (training to be provided).
- Completion plug recovery, installation and trouble shooting, normally up to 1480 psi operating pressure.
- Assist with rigging/lifting, bolt up (hot tap, isolation, bypass), drain/vent/purge operations as required according to safe work practices.
- Survey, disassemble, repair, support, assemble and test various STATS tools and equipment according to procedure in a safe manner.
- Act as a contact point for clients and represent STATS at sites around Canada.
Individual Quality and Safety Responsibilities
- To comply with STATS and Client quality, safety and environmental management systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure all accidents/incidents/near misses/hazards are immediately reported and relevant paperwork is completed.
- Minimum 1 year experience in mechanical pipeline, hot tapping and plugging (line stop) products and services
- Previous training and experience with technical bolting including operation of hydraulic torque, tensioning equipment desirable
- Track record of safe work practices and zero incidents
- Safety training certifications (desirable): H2S, First Aid, Confined Space, Forklift/Telehandler, CSTS, Fall Protection, WHMIS
- Clean Passport
- Clean Driving Record and Driving Abstract
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Methodical and detailed
- Pride in work and eagerness to be part of team
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of pipeline and vessel codes, including ASME B31.x, CSA Z662, ASME
- Competent level of understanding in: - Engineering drawings - Engineering terminologies and; - Fabrication, assembly and pressure testing equipment.
- Ability to work as part of a small focused team working to high standards with client lead times being the delivery driver
- Flexibility and shift working required
- A positive attitude
- Good interpersonal skills.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer, in which we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees, in allowing us to deliver our company objectives together.