Mechanical Pipe Connectors
STATS Type Approved mechanical pipe connectors provide a cold-work solution, removing the associated risks of welding. Quick and efficient to install, this permanent solution significantly reduces maintenance duration and provides a cost-effective solution for piping repair, tie-in or capping of pipework.
Easy to install with only basic pipework preparation, STATS mechanical connectors follow a simple standard bolted installation with no specialist tools required. This results in timely completion of maintenance activities and avoids the costly hire of specialist installation or activation equipment.
Once installed the integrity of the Connector can be verified with a simple pressure test. An integrated seal verification port provides access to the annulus void between the seals allowing a leak-test to be carried out.
A double block and bleed valve can be fitted to the seal verification port to provide a means of periodically monitoring the integrity of the connection, as part of a routine maintenance or inspection programme. Mechanical connectors have been fitted to a variety of piping systems with a 100% leak-free service history.
Connectors are suitable for topside, terminal, FPSO or subsea installation and compatible with processed water, air systems and hydrocarbon applications. Available to suit a wide range of pipe materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex and super duplex.
- Connector: Flanged outlet for connecting plain-end pipe to a pre-flanged termination
- Coupling: Connecting plain-end pipe to plain-end pipe
- End Cap: Capping plain-end redundant pipe work
- Sizes 1” to 36” as standard, up to 72" available on request
- Maximum working pressure: up to ASME 300# (50 bar / 725 psi) as standard, API 6A 34.5MPa (345 bar / 5004 psi) available on request*
- Temperature range: -40°C to 300°C as standard*
- Dual graphite seal arrangement with verification port to enable pre-commission leak-test
- Minimum design life 20 years
- *Pressure / temperature rating on the connector will be the lesser of ASME codes for flanges and / or seal material
Codes & Standards
- Connectors and couplings conform to ISO 21329 Standard
- DNV Type Approved: compliant with DNVOS-F101:2012 Submarine Pipeline Repair and DNVRP-F113:2007, Pipeline Subsea Repair (Cert No: TAP00000BE)
- Fire tested to API 6 FA
- Connector assembly and components are designed in accordance with API 6H requirements, with design strength verified in accordance with ASME B31.3 and other codes (ASME B31.4, B31.8, ASME VIII)
- Designed to fit standard pipe specification (ASME B36.10 & B36.19, API 5L)
- No hot-work required, significantly reducing associated risk and costs
- Quick to install resulting in timely completion of maintenance activities
- Easily installed and commissioned with only basic pipework preparation
- Significantly reduces maintenance costs and duration by eliminating the need for welding, associated equipment and personnel
- External grip assembly applies even linear and circumferential load around the host pipe, eliminating localised material deformity and localised stress fractures
- External lock and seal assembly eliminates flow restriction or turbulence
- Removable and reusable with no damage to existing pipework
- Simple standard bolted installation, no specialist tools required
- Maintenance free mechanical pipe connection in accordance with API specification 6H and certified fire-safe to API 6FA
- Seal verification port can be fitted with a DBB valve to comply with specific operator inspection requirements
- Robust construction provides equivalent or greater design criteria than host pipework
- Coating provided to client specification
- Fabricated design provides a lightweight unit
Terms & Conditions
Click on the links below to download a copy of our Terms and Conditions
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org